|Nilat-ang Baboy/Nilagang Baboy (Pork Stew)|
- 1/2 kilo pork (belly/ribs) cut into pieces
- 1/2 cabbage (slice)
- 9 pieces of string green beans (cut into 2-inch sizes)
- 4 slices of red squash
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1 ginger (sliced) -depends on preference
- 1 bundle of small pechay
- 1/2 MSG sachet
- salt to taste
How to prepare:
- Fill 3/4 cooking pot with water.
- Add all the pork, squash, string beans, onion, tomato, garlic, and ginger in the pot.
- Let it boil for 1 1/2 hr or whenever the pork is tender to perfection.
- Water will evaporate during this time. If the pork is still not tender, add water again until it has filled 3/4 of the pot. Continue doing this until meat is tender.
- Once meat is tender, Add the cabbage and pechay.
- Season with 1/2 MSG sachet.
- Add salt to suit taste.
- Wait for it to boil one more time and then serve.